HCL Technologies, the Indian IT services multinational, has closed its acquisition of $1.8 billion worth of IBM products and announced the launch of a new division called HCL Software that will operate the assets. HCL takes full ownership of the R&D, sales, marketing, delivery, and support for the following six companies.
- Appscan for secure application development
- BigFix for secure device management
- Unica (on-premise) for marketing automation
- Commerce (on-premise) for omni-channel eCommerce, Portal (on-premise) for digital experience
- Notes & Domino for email and low-code rapid application development
- Connections for workstream collaboration.
The acquisitions were announced in December, and came as IBM pushed through an asset disposal programme ahead of its own $34 billion acquisition